Friday 20 February 2009

TFI Friday

Well not actually thank fuck!! Been a strange quiet sort of day. I updated my CV to show the letters after my name and uploaded it to all the relevant job sites that have made my CV searchable

Gonna go off on a a tangent here. FFS some of these sites are really good. Obviously I am concentrating on IT based sites like CW Jobs  and IT job board but I also look through Jobsite , Indeed and CV Library. I have these set up to send me emails when jobs are listed on their site following criteria that I give them. Generally this is “support” or “Field” in the title and 40 miles from where I am (near M5 on Somerset Devon border) Today's jobs from CV library? A Commis chef in Sherborne and a Recruitment consultant in Bridport I mean come on what the fuck use is that to me?

However I applied for some jobs as well (sensible ones) A couple of support jobs in Exeter and one in Weston, both are within hitting distance and had a phonecall from an agency for one of the Exeter ones. It is a 2nd line post covering for someone who is due to have an operation and will be off work for 3 months from sometime in March. I think I said all the right things and she seemed pleased enough to pass me on to the employer so that's the first step passed.

I do quite well with that step, I seem to get my CV on to the employers and then it stops or falls flat. We will see what the new improved CV does (I do have letters after my name now after all!!) I have tweaked it to show more self-employed IT help and less delivery man

Other than that the day was spent doing very little. Turned off radio 5 when they started talking about cancer genetics cos mylove couldn't cope with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment