Thursday 19 February 2009

Done doed it and passed

Took my 70-271 exam today - Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP Operating System.

Had to drive to Bawdrip to the BIBIC place and the training centre is located within the large manor house there, through endless corridors, doors and stairs.

Into a little room I went with about 6 workstations all carefully hidden from each other in booths.

After a careful run through of how to use the testing station and signing a form saying that I won’t steal the answers or do other bad things I sat down and started.

Trepidation, nerves and all I felt strangely calm and started at the beginning and went through them one by one reading everything carefully. I tried my best not to talk myself out of the right answers. Sometimes I knew straight away what the answer was but sometimes I took a strategic guess, having knocked the options down (thats the nice bit of having multiple choices) I completely guessed only one answer where I had not the faintest idea what it was and none of the answers could be counted out.

I went through every answer twice at the end but actually that was more difficult as it was easy to go “well, it could be that one actually” but I counted the ones i DEFINETLY knew were right and got to 70% which was a pass so I thought I was there or thereabouts

I pushed end to finish and there was an unbelievable long wait for the next screen which had me really worried. I thought it might have all crashed as there was just a white screen in front of me and nothing showing that anything was hapening but the cogs obviously whirred and then i was given the opportunity to send feedback to Microsoft, though it wasnt anonymous!!! I chose not to and then had another long wait although I was more confident this time and hten it said congratulations so I knew I was ok.

I got 899 out of 1000, which having answered 49 questions I presume that I got 5 wrong!

So hurrah and hooray although I can’t say that I am feeling particularly great about it. My love got a bit miffed cos I was just like yeah its done, its passed. She wanted me to be all excited but I just feel numb. Yes I know its great that I passed but I still don’t have a job yet which is a bind and we still dont know what is wrong with her either so thats hanging over the whole thing.

I told my mum that i now had letters after my name and the letters were MCP she thinks they should be McP but thats just cos its her name!! SHe thinks thats really funny though which is cool

No comments:

Post a Comment