Wednesday 18 February 2009

Some results are in but the questions remain

My love went to the doctor yesterday to have some swabs taken for more tests. She was in with the  doctor for about 45 minutes an interminable time to be sat outside waiting! I sat reading magazines of no particular interest to me and ignored the flotsam around me. I did a good job of protracting a “fuck off and leave me alone” aura.

Surprisingly he had some results back from her blood tests last week which show that she has a super high white cell count which shows an infection or inflammation of some sort somewhere. However it doesn’t narrow down the source of the problem so hopefully the swabs will do the trick.

He has put her on some hefty anti-biotics to try and fight the infection and increased her oxycontin even more so today she is a  bit zombiefied

The cogs run so slow and it is extraordinarily frustrating to have to wait and wait while she continues to feel so poorly and is suffering so much. I know that she is worried and scared and that that will continue for a while yet till we know what is going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment