Friday 6 November 2009

Reading Week – Dreary Week

The students have only been back a few weeks and already they get a week to do nothing errr sorry to read some books. It has left the place like a ghost town. Having just got used to the hustle and bustle of having the students around, the squawking and the guitar playing, the groups of smoking types and the one’s that dance, its all gone quiet.

Of course, the academic staff have used this to……………… well to dissappear actually. Not a single one have I seen all week. A couple have phoned up from home but thats about it. I know that this means that on Monday we will inundated with requests for immediate action for things which could quite easily have been done this week.

Its been dull, really dull, mind-numbingly boring in fact. I have hit a ceiling in my attempt to be the best Bejewelled person in the whole of Facebook. Thanks to Doctor Beatnik I have still yet to become champion of the world at Stick Cricket. I have read some books and done some online coursework for my next IT exam and really managed little else of note.

But I do like Windows 7 – I have spent some time fiddling about with it and getting it to do what it is that I want and must say that I am quite impressed with its ease of use and the way things just work.

I have also created a new desktop which also becomes my screensaver as well, a dig at those that moan.

oddball desk1

2 comments:

  1. I can't beat West Indies at the sticky game. I am lame. Maybe I need a cricket week to recover from all the reading I've been doing because I've been having an ill week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have beaten the west indies once but i cant beat india :-( Big hugs to you and do the getting better thing! xx

    ReplyDelete