Tuesday 23 June 2009

A wonderful wedding

My bestest bestest mate in the whole world got married and it was a great day. I had asked him what he wanted me to wear as best man and he said whatever I like.


So I thought suit.


Not my usual wear but I was happy enough with that. I had worn it only a few months earlier to my interview so I didn't even think about it till the morning, Shaved, showered and ready to go I put on my shirt and tie and then oh shit my trousers don't fit. Too many pies well probably too much gack in the evenings watching TV to be honest but there we go. Nothing I can do about it at that time with only half an hour or so till we leave so my lady said try your chinos they're a bit looser.


Not looser enough it seems for my expanding girth! 4 sets of trousers later I resorted to the trusty black jeans, shirt and tie and suit jacket combo. Not forgetting the ever present shades


Crossing the road I saw a cool black dude with a funky hat.



 I nodded to him (cos I'm nice like that) only to find that 2 minutes later he is there at the wedding too :-)


Waiting around taking photos of guests and then we amble up to the little room in the registry office where the wedding is to take place and it is quite a small one. 3 rows of chairs and not enough for every one so I end up standing in the corner with Kathryn the other witness whilst the registrar organises it all.


The bride came in with tears and many of the female guests joined her. She looked really pretty in her green dress and the groom looked dashing in a mod suit :-)


The words were lovely just what they wanted and as is always the case the service itself was over all so quick. Outside we went and took plenty of photos although I tried to take photos of the photographers taking photos.


Then off to the pub convoy style. A lovely pub out in the countryside, modernised but not in a bad way after a fire gutted it. Stepped over the well and nearly crapped myself as my brain registered that I appeared to be standing on nothing above a 30 foot drop. Luckily the reinforced glass saved me from a drenching but still, I avoided walking over it again.


Auntie NamNam was there with her face painting kit and the poor woman didn't get inside the pub for ages as she painted flowers, butterflies and monsters on the children's faces. Brill she is, they looked fantastical and uberwunder. She also painted a face onto the back of my head which caused much amusement to all.



Spent an age yacking with B More. Interesting conversations from batty to deep. Interrupted by a flower faced girl saying Traci would like a coffee when you come in. More yacking and general hilarity before petal cheeks returns to utter the line


Traci would quite like her coffee                NOW


Ah blast, damn, quick, off to the bar I go, order coffee only to let it sit on the bar for another 5 minutes whilst I natter with the groom before dashing over to pass the coffee to my patiently waiting wife.


The hungy monster was eventually placated and wow what a meal. I had Gammon with egg pineapple a HUGE mushroom on one plate with another two side dishes one with hot freshly cooked crispy chips and one with cauliflower cheese and cabbage. Masses of food and wonderful it was tasty, fresh, hot and I enjoyed every bit.


Time was getting on and after a trip back to the grooms house to help put the ducks and chickens to bed I made my best mans speech HA HA I should say this but I'm not allowed, I should make rude jokes but I'm not allowed so heres to the bride and groom. Cheers


Off home we went tired but happy and contented after a fab day watching two very lovely and special people make their promises to each other in front of their special peoples. It doesn't get any better


Powered by Qumana


No comments:

Post a Comment